Chasing Pappy: The Pappy van Winkle Legend

A few months ago I contributed to my first (and likely only) kickstarter project.  The project is a film titled, "Chasing Pappy." I'm really excited about the project for a couple of reasons.



First, if you've ever had the good fortune to taste Pappy van Winkle bourbon, you understand why the bourbon is so sought after.  It is, in my opinion, the best bourbon (and probably whiskey) in the world.  It tastes amazing; it really is incomparable.

Second, because it is so freaking good, people go to extremes to find bottles available for purchase.  For years, they were relatively easy to find, but over the past five or seven years, bourbon has become very popular.  As more people got interested in bourbon, the harder it became to find Pappy van Winkle.

At this point, Pappy is going for hundreds of dollars on e-bay. (But don't worry, it's labeled as a "collectible.")  The shortage and popularity of Pappy has led people to do crazy things to find a bottle of Pappy.  And that's what this movie is about.

Compared to a lot of folks, I'm relatively new to bourbon connoisseur-ism. I've only been drinking bourbon for 3 years, and until 18 months ago, I'd never heard of Pappy van Winkle.  But then I had my first taste.  Since then, I decided I needed a source.  People have different strategies--some try to make friends with distributors, others search dozens or even hundreds of liquor stores.

But that's what this film is about. I think you'll like it.  Nicole and I are working with the director to develop strategies to get this film out there.  For now, you can follow us on Twitter at @chasingpappy.  We'll be tweeting out information as we know more about the release schedule.

And if you've had the pleasure of tasting Pappy, we'd love to hear about your experience.

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.