Friday Cocktails: Bourbon Highball

Some nights you come from home a day and all you want is  a comforting drink. For some may that may equal opening a bottle of wine and enjoying a glass or two. For Keith, it's find a glass and pour the bourbon of the night. For me, it's always been bourbon and ginger.

A few years ago, Keith and I threw a cocktail party. When researching various cocktail recipes we could print out for guests so they could make the their own drinks, I learned bourbon and ginger is known as a highball. Kind of like a rum and Coke is a cuba libre. I wonder if our favorite bartender would know what a highball is if I ordered one at our local bar.

Bourbon Highball

2 oz bourbon
ginger ale
lime or lemon slice for garnish

Fill a tall highball glass with ice and bourbon. Then top off with ginger ale and stir with straw. Add your lime slice for added flair and enjoy. 

Cheers!

p.s. I'm sure mine is always a double. 

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.