Friday Cocktails: Fizzy Old Fashioned

Not sure why this is the case, but I only want an Old Fashioned during the cool winter months. The spicy rye with a hint of citrus just makes me think of the holidays. I know. I know. Most people think spiked egg nog. Wait, why are we talking holidays in the middle of June?

Let's focus on the beautiful weather we've been enjoying here in DC for the past couple of days. It's the kind of weather that requires a lighter cocktail for sitting on the back porch with. And I just can't get down with vodka or gin, so I present to you the Fizzy Old Fashioned or my summer old fashioned.



Fizzy Old Fashioned

1.5 oz rye (I used Cotoctin Creek cask strength.)
0.5 oz fresh lemon juice
dash of Peychaud's Bitters
chilled blood orange soda

In a chilled rocks glass, add a few ice cubes and everything but the soda. Give a quick stir and top with the soda. Garnish with an orange slice and cherry if you have one handy. 

Cheers to summer!




Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.