Book Review: The Secret Keeper

"The Secret Keeper" explores dreams, desires and the lengths people go to make them a reality, and the life long consequences they can have. It's a story of love, friendships, dreams, and schemes.

The party comes to an abrupt end as Laurel watches her mother do something she never imagined, impacting her view of her mother for years to come. Kate Morton takes you on a journey, seamlessly switching between past and present to explain who Laurel's mother was and why she saw what she saw.

While the story was good, it took me almost 200 pages to really become invested. Regardless, it was a good story. I just would have cut out almost 40 percent of it.

There's a good chance I was the only one that found this book cumbersome at times. The story is good and left me surprised as to the ending, so I'd recommend it for that alone. I'd just advise patience.

Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.