Feel the burn

By no means am I in amazing shape. I’m afraid that ship has sailed, but I have dreams. Well, remember that barre class?

I was pretty excited about the class considering it incorporated ballet and that had been a part of my life for over 10 years. I had high hopes of it being just what I needed to jumpstart the exercise regimen I continue to procrastinate.

BikerBarre - A spin & barre studio

The studio was fresh and modern with warm, friendly staff. So far, so good. We’re instructed to leave our shoes and bags in a cubby upstairs and then grab our weights – one lighter and one heavier pair along with a mat.

The first third of the class was awesome. The focus was on arm strengthening exercises. In fact, the weights may have even been too light. Yeah, I said that. It then transitioned to the barre work for legs and that’s where it all went down hill. Pile' after pile' had my quads on fire. And all the while the teacher was all happy pushing you to go more. Of course, she was happy she was walking around the room correcting form. The rest of the class was a bit of a blur for me as I was distracted by the raging fire taking place in my thighs, so I'm of little help in providing feedback.

The class was an hour and definitely had my heart rate up. I’m thinking had I not had a session with a personal trainer that decided squats and lunges of all types were necessary the day before I might have felt better. Just to confirm this theory I’ve signed up for another class this coming Saturday.

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.