Bourbon Women

Earlier this year I was looking for groups of women that enjoyed a little whiskey or in my case a little bourbon. After an afternoon of searching, I learned about Bourbon Women and even better they were having an event in DC. You could say I stalked them anxiously waiting to learn more.  I was such a giddy little girl waiting for last night to arrive. 


Bourbon Women Take Flight was held last night at Jack Rose. It was an opportunity to meet a great group of bourbon loving women, participate in a Jim Beam Small Batch Collection, and sample a few special bourbon based cocktails. And don't worry there were some bourbon friendly appetizers to keep you from getting into too much trouble.  I had to laugh a bit to myself as I was tasting the Small Batch collection given we recently purchased the collection. 


It was nice learning more about the location in the racks from where particular barrels were pulled from.  Although Keith's recent tasting determined Knob Creek as the favorite, I have to side with the lone Basil Hayden's fan from that group. I probably liked it a bit more because it was on the low alcohol side. I just can't handle that strong stuff that sets my throat on fire. Second was the Knob Creek Single Barrel for me. I found it to have a nice smooth, carmel finish. 

I also learned a few random pieces of trivia that I can bust out at bourbon gathering. Of the Jim Beam Small Batch Collection, all have the same mash build with the exception of Basil Hayden's. Instead, it's heavy on the rye with only 51% corn and double the rye. That was really interesting to me as I tend to shy away from the high rye bourbons. I most prefer high wheated bourbons - think Maker's Mark. Because I can't share all of my fun facts now or I won't have anything to impress you with later.... Ok...one more, 75% of the flavor in bourbon comes from the barrel. 


Because women know how to host a party and women with bourbon do an even better job, it was such a nice touch to walk away with a bag of goodies. Coming home and checking out the loot left Keith a little jealous. I also met some great women and hope to participate in additional DC events. 

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.