Make your own bitters

As I've learned more about classic cocktails like the sazerac, sidecar,  and old fashioned to name a few, I've wanted to do whatever I can to perfect them when I make them at home. Knowing that fresh, homemade pasta is better than a box, I figured the same had to apply to a bitter.

We've already established I like a good deal, so it should come as no surprise that I couldn't resist the Groupon for a "make your own bitters lesson" at the Georgetown Spice and Tea Exchange.  This store smelled amazing with a wall of such fragrant spices and herbs. I may have came home with a purchase or two.


The class was disappointing for the price, even though it was a deal. I honestly think I would have been better off purchasing a book from Amazon. The instructor was knowledgable, but wasn't very organized or effective at sharing that information. It's really unfortunate because I had high hopes. Instead, I need to find a book or just pay the local liquor store a visit. Suggestions? Do you make your own bitters? Or maybe you have a favorite cocktail you'd recommend? It is Friday, after all.

Posted in , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.