Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder


Back in December, I purchased a blank canvas and some acrylic paints. I was going to create a masterpiece to bring a little color and life to our apartment. Something about best intentions and life…you know how that goes.

That canvas sat untouched in our bedroom out of sight for almost six months. There were times I was going to pull it out and creatively express myself, but I just never followed through. Then when I was ready, I decided to take part in a Living Social Sippin’ and Paintin’ deal with Lynn. To say that painting didn’t turn out as planned would be an understatement. Only for your amusement do I share this picture with you.


For the life of me, I have no idea why Keith likes it or so he claims. I think he’s just being a good husband when he says that. Because lets be honest, it’s no Monet. (Not that the next one is, but I like it more.)

Moving on to the other night. I decided to give painting another go of it. I had been looking at various pieces of work on Etsy, but every piece I showed Keith for feedback was met with “You could do that and for less.” Finally, I got the hint. He didn’t want to invest in art so I needed to get off my bum. I now share my latest work with you.



I was in love with it at first, but now after staring at it a bit more in the hallway I’m not so sure. Regardless, it does bring some color to the space and helps to cover up the hideous gray breaker box. This more artist photo makes it look even better, so I'm liking it again.


Do you have a hobby that you enjoy? Is it something you’re really good at or simply enjoy?

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.