Are you ready for the derby?

Ok, today you get a bit of a bonus. What can I say a lot is happening at our house?

I know tomorrow is May 5 otherwise known as Cinco de Mayo. However, in this house, it's even bigger.  It's the Race for the Roses, aka the Kentucky Derby. Since I was a little girl, I have been in love with horses. My mom would buy me books about the evolution of the horse and how it made its way to North America not to mention picture books of horses. If there was a book about horses, I had to have it in my library. I had the plastic play horses as well as my Little Ponies. If memory serves me right, before New Kids on the Block covered my wall, there was posters of beautiful thoroughbreds and ballerinas plastered on my wall. It didn't matter. All I wanted was a horse to call my own. Well, that never technically happened, but that hasn't stopped me from admiring them and occasionally placing a bet or two on them. Perhaps, I'll even convince Keith to go horseback ridding with me in Rock Creek.

When I was in Kentucky for the first time, I could have cared a less about the bourbon. I was on a mission to see the races. As much as I would like to see Kansas play in the NCAA Finals in person or watch the Packers play in a Super Bowl live, it would be even better to be present at the Kentucky Derby - the best two minutes in sports.

Keith and I have...well, let's be honest, I have prepared for the Derby. We have an official bottle of Woodford Reserve, the mint, and even tiny julep cups. Trust me I didn't realize they were teeny, tiny when I ordered them. Regardless, we are ready. Now if only, I had found myself a gorgeous hat. I guess there's always next year. Anyways, I'm sure I have the priorities covered as far as Keith is concerned.


Now, I'm just ready for the main event. Maybe, just maybe I'll enjoy a margarita and some guacamole after the race. I mean. It is Cinco de Mayo after all.

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.