An Excellent Sunday Morning


This morning greeted us with gray skies and a steady spring rain that carried us through most of the day. I know we need the rain; I just don’t like rainy Mondays. Rainy Saturdays are cool. Rainy Sundays are even better. Although had it been a rainy Sunday, yesterday wouldn’t have been as nice.

Andrea and I met up for brunch and shopping in Eastern Market’s craft and flea market. Thank god I can always can count on Andrea for Sunday mornings like this, which is awesome because this kind of morning would send Keith into a tailspin. Let's just say it's not his thing...the brunch, all the people, etc.


We started at the Chesapeake Room for brunch. The Chesapeake Room is Keith’s and my go to place on Barrack’s Row. After brunch, however, I think that may change. The service has left so much to be desired that I want to explore what else is out there. Gasp! I might have to leave The Hill. Service aside the food was pretty good. I had the Chesapeake Room Eggs, which includes a fried green tomato, topped with a lump crab cake, topped with a poached egg and all finished with a champagne berblanc sauce. I love this spin on eggs benedict. Andrea went with the pulled pork sandwich, which she was said good things about. And it did look pretty tasty.

With our bellies full, it was time to work it off with some shopping. Eastern Market has a wonderful mix of crafty items like jewelry and arts, to clothing, furniture, and farmers lined up with their produce. I inevitably find jewelry I just have to have. Unfortunately, Sammy’s check up kind of squashed that for me. And it’s a real bummer – there were some cute bracelets and necklaces I had my eye on. Fingers crossed it will be there in a few weeks.

Regardless, strolling around Eastern Market is one of my favorite ways to spend a lazy Sunday morning. It’s even better after brunch. Do you have any favorite ways to pass your Sunday mornings?



Posted in , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.