DIY Bedroom Art - Part II

As you may recall, I tried let my inter artist out. Well the more I looked at that painting above the bed, the more I just didn't like it.


So that painting became this:


I'll be the first to admit taking an iPhone photo without the flash or better lighting wasn't the best approach, but you get the idea. I painted the canvas white and then simply did a quick pass writing out the words. I then went over it a couple of times with paint really loaded up on the brush and a few strokes with a wet brush to get a varied affect. 

This project has lead me to completely turn the bedroom upside down. I have plans to move this on a different wall. I ordered various fabric samples with plans for new curtains, a toss pillow or two, and a few art projects. I even purchased a new arm chair. 


Now I'm thinking I might need to take few days off work and have a staycation knocking out the new to-do list I created for myself. Do you ever bring something into your home to find it didn't work like you thought it would? Please tell me it's not just me. 


Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.