Friday Cocktails: Simple Bourbon Chai

Am I the only person that's not a big fan of Starbucks' coffee? Whenever I go I bypass the burnt, bitter coffee and instead opt for a chai latte. With it's warm spicy goodness to get my day going, it's like a extending the time cuddled up in bed especially now that we're finally dipping into the 30s here. 

While conducting research wasting time on Pinterest I came across Saveur's Bourbon Chai. It sounded delicious, but once I read the steps I quickly dismissed it. Yes, I'll admit to not wanting to take the time to brew a cup of Chai tea essentially from scratch. And, no, it's not because I didn't have the necessary spices. 

Then a flash of brilliance hit...I could use chai tea concentrate to bring the warm, spicy goodness to my mug. This is something one should not skip as the nights grow longer and the temperature continues to dip. It'll warm you from the inside out. You have my word. 


Simple Bourbon Chai

4 oz. chai tea concentrate (You can find Tazo concentrate at Whole Foods and Target.)
4 oz. milk (almond or milk works)
1 oz. bourbon (I went with my good friend, Maker's Mark.)

In a microwave safe mug, combine the concentrate and milk. Stir and heat until warm in the microwave. Carefully, remove from the microwave. The mug may be warm to the touch. Add the bourbon and stir. Sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon or nutmeg before serving.

Cheers!



Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.