Let's Get Physical


Remember how Keith and I thought we could become more like vegetarians? I think that lasted for almost a month…this girl just loves a bloody steak.  That and I realized we were eating a great deal of cheese and bread, which is a lot of extra calories and in many instances fat. Because who can eat just a plain slice of bread, when you can spread a rich and creamy European butter over it?

When the goal was to shrink the waistline, I learned I was actually increasing it. Instead, we have switched to a weekly box of fruits and vegetables along with farm fresh meat and eggs and the occasional dry good like beans. I love the colors of Mother Nature.


We have also gotten serious about tracking our calories using the My Fitness Pal website and app on our phones. This little app is also awesome in tracking the calories you burn as well as consume. I find that just a bit rewarding and not completely all doom and gloom.

Considering we have been faced with a weekend in Texas that started with Whataburger and an amazing French dinner last weekend, things are looking up. I think we’re on the right track. This past week was quite successful. Keith and I both managed to stay under our calorie goals and spend some quality time at the gym. Now let’s just hope we don’t derail over the weekend.

I plan to share fun apps, healthy recipes, and other get fit tips with you as we conquer the pants. Even more I’d love to hear what secrets you have. If someone could help me beat this craving for ice cream, I would be forever grateful.

Posted in , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.