Saturday afternoon at the apple orchard

I never imagined writing these words, but sometime the inevitable happens and they must be said. Keith was right.

We spent Saturday afternoon at Stribling Orchard in Virginia for what I thought would be an adventure filled afternoon spent picking beautiful, red and golden apples. I wanted to be taken back to those childhood memories of picking apples with my sister and grandpa. The sweet crisp taste filled my mouth as we pulled up to the orchard.

I'm not sure if we missed the window or we didn't walk deep enough into the orchard, but we managed to pick a peck in less than half an hour. And who knew a peck or a small bag would cost $15? The really good looking apples had already been picked and were available in the bins at the general store. Regardless, it was a lesson learned every now and then Keith knows what he's talking about. And that didn't mean we did't enjoy picking our small bag's worth of apples. 


Have you been apple picking? If so, should we have went our earlier in the season? Would you do it again? I'm still in the love with the idea.

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.