Ai WeiWei

As Keith and I were keeping with the Sunday tradition, we were watching 60 Minutes. (I think it was the off season for the NFL.) During this episode, they featured a profile on Ai Weiwei. He's a contemporary artist, who often finds himself at odds with the Chinese government. He's unique in that he doesn't have one focused medium. His work includes sculpture, installations, and photography all of which has a message that has social, political, and cultural criticism.

When I learned his work was being featured in an exhibit in Washington, DC just a few blocks from our place at the Hishhorn, I knew there was no way I was going to miss it. Without football on Sunday, Keith and I walked down to take in the exhibit. I think it's probably safe to say that I enjoyed it much more than Keith and was able to see his message in his work.

Here's a few of the pieces I enjoyed. And let's be honest, even more where I was able to get a pretty good picture without everyone in the way.




The exhibit ends February 24, 2013. Is it crazy that I might go back? There having a lecture where they are more closely examining the meanings behind some of his pieces. Have you ever gone back to send an art exhibit twice?



Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.