Organizing and Purging - The Cookbook Corner

Every time we would sit down to eat at the dining table, I'd look over at my collection of cookbooks and cooking magazines and grow frustrated. I knew there had to be a better system that looked better. I also knew it was on me to organize them. It wasn't like Sammy was going to take care of it.

Here's a before and after. It's very subtle and I'm probably the only one that can tell the difference. You know? I'm okay with that.


You will notice the random canning jars full of our bourbon experiments have been properly disposed of. The box of glasses have found a new home. And what started as this humongous pile of magazines...


...was condensed down to fit in the right-hand pocket of the yellow folder. I'm sure it was because I had Sammy's assistance.


My cookbooks are not at all in the order I'd like for them to be. I struggled with keeping them organized by size versus type/cuisine grouped together. As you can see, size won out.


In a dream world, I'll have shelves like this...

Via
The cookbook corner was the first of many little projects I have on my list for organizing and just overall tidying up. Maybe the first signs of fall weather are giving me the boost I need to get things in order so we can properly nest for winter. How about you? Any little organizing projects you'd like/need to tackle?


Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.