Summer Vacation is Over

Despite not having children heading back to school, it feels like Labor Day weekend brings the official end to summer. Although fall doesn't officially start for a few more weeks, I'm hoping to feel a renewed start when I return to the office tomorrow.


I'm ready to leave the summer behind. Summers at the office for me are filled with various deadlines while everyone else is enjoying time at the beach. I know I sound bitter. Don't worry. Keith and I have agreed that next summer we're going to escape even if it's just for a long weekend. Despite not sneaking out of the city, we managed to fit in a few moments of fun.

We caught a few Nationals games. (Thank you to the office for the great seats!) I took in the War Photography exhibit at the Corcoran Gallery; I highly recommend fitting that in before it leaves at the end of the month. We also ventured over to the northeast side of the District to check out one of the latest DC Breweries - 3 Star Brewing Company. I'm not much a of a beer fan, so I can't give you much. Keith on the other hand cannot stop raving about their IPA. Something about it being well-rounded and full of complex flavors, including apricot. Of course, there were weekends spent baking and time with bourbon. I hope your summer was good to you.

 


I don't know about you. I'm just eager to welcome cooler weather, spend my weekends watching football, and a break from the nonstop hustle at the office. Do you find a renewal with the change of seasons as well?

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.