Working 9 to 5


Looking for a job at any point is stressful. Having been laid off twice, it's even worse when the decision to move on is outside of your control. I went on approximately a dozen interviews. In some cases, I made it to the final round only to learn they went with the other candidate. It slowly starts to nag at your confidence. It makes you question all the previous decisions you made before that moment.

Thankfully, my current employer made a counter-offer that has left me with my current firm. I know some question the stability of the position given they laid me off once before. And it is a risk. However, I like the people I work with and the work I'm doing.

As spring arrives, new blossoms appear and the promise of warm days await. I guess I'm taking my cues from nature as I forward to the new possibilities ahead. Sometimes you just know when something feels right and this is one of those moments.

P.S. Aren't the vibrant pink blossoms gorgeous? I think they bring so much more hope than a photo of my windowless cube.

Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.