Tour of Buffalo Trace Distillery

I joined Keith on his yearly pilgrimage to bourbon country, aka Kentucky, this year. Bourbon country sure is gorgeous. Keith tried to explain how pretty Buffalo Trace was last year, but I didn't really believe him. I guess I owe him an apology because it might be the most scenic of all the distilleries we've visited.

We were fortunate enough to go on a special "best of" Buffalo Trace tour. Their operations are pretty impressive compared to the other distillery tours like Marker's Mark and Woodford Reserve. Currently, Buffalo Trace has over 15 labels all of which are produced at their Frankfort, Kentucky location.* I won't bore you with the step by step details, but here are some of the highlights. 


There was some concern that this might be a one and done and I wouldn't want to join Keith on the yearly trip. I don't foresee that being the case. However, I'm not sure I need to visit the distilleries each year. I'd much prefer to simply drink the end result without seeing how it's made. 

* This does not include their Bowman operations in Virginia. 

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.