Friday Cocktails: Bourbon Sour

I don't know about you, but I never thought today was going to arrive. This week has been nonstop at the office and for every item I've crossed something off the to-do list, another one is there to quickly take its place.

Having never ending task lists at the office leave me all the more appreciative of the weekend. I'm hoping to spend some quality time with the latest book I've started and a little bourbon in hand. Perhaps, there will be another one of these guys in order.

While in Charlottesville last weekend, we had dinner at the Whiskey Jar. Occasionally, I'll enjoy my bourbon on the rocks. However, that's usually a sign of a really bad day. For the most part, I prefer it in a well made cocktail. And the Whiskey Jar had a Bourbon Sour that fit the bill. It was quite simple and like food when you have quality ingredients simple is the way to proceed.

This is inspired by their bourbon sour, although it doesn't quite compare to theirs.


Whiskey Sour
Makes one cocktail

1 ruby red grapefruit
Bourbon, I used Woodford Reserve as I was looking for a subtle spiciness 
1 sugar cube

1. Add the sugar cube and a few drops of water to a highball glass.

2. As the sugar cube dissolves, juice your grapefruit. 

3. Muddle the sugar or stir to enjoy it has "melted." Fill the glass with ice cubes.

4. Pour in your freshly squeezed juice, and top off the glass with the bourbon. Give it a stir.

5. If I had some maraschino cherries, I would have garnished. I'd definitely recommend going that route. It's like heading out without any accessories...sorry for the digression. 

6. Cheers!



Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.