Happy 2014!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and the new year has gotten off to a lovely start. I can't believe we're almost to the half-way point for January already. The time to discuss resolutions and whatnot has passed. Instead, I wanted to share my three goals for 2014.


  1. Have friends and/or family over for dinner at least once a month. This may mean a simple weeknight meal consisting of a robust antipasti plate or it may involve a Saturday night dinner party where I try out a new recipe or two from the cookbook library. Regardless, I want to cook more and share those meals with the ones I love.
  2. Take more photos. Keith and I have spent many conversations about finding a hobby. I think one of my hobbies is going to involve my camera and capturing more memories. To help hold me to this, I'm planning to start a series here picking up on what so many other bloggers do called Silent Sundays. I want to share a photo that captures what the week held or maybe that day, but you'll see at least one photo sharing a quiet piece of our life. 
  3. Find a new job that bring me fulfillment. Near the middle of December, I learned the department at my current firm is going through a reorganization and as a result will leave me without a position come the start of the second quarter. (Yes, this explains for some of the silence.) After thinking about it for a bit, I want to stay in my current field. And I want to do a measured search that lands me at a new place where the culture and work-life balance is just as good of a fit as the work matching my skills. 
  4. Bonus! Live a healthier lifestyle. I'm in marketing folks, so you had to expect a bonus goal. We've talked before about wanting to be healthier. Well, this year Keith is on board as well. We refuse to use the dreaded "D" of diet, but instead plan to eat more whole foods during the week and only on weekends cheat. It also means more exercise. Back in my 20s, hitting the gym and lifting weights every morning worked for me. Now that I'm maturing, I don't find that as rewarding. Expect to hear about my trial runs of various classes, etc. To start, I've signed up for Power Yoga classes at the studio close to home. Hopefully, that will help me find something I love and enjoy while also taking me a little closer to the goal. If not, on to the next option.
So, folks, what do you have planned for 2014? Anyone want to join us for dinner? 

Posted in , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.