Cherry Blossom Kite Festival

Even though the cherry blossoms haven't fully bloomed, the big National Cherry Blossom Festival is well underway her in the nation's capitol. The tourists have taken over the metro. And my allergies are convinced the blossoms will peak at any moment.

I have been meaning to make my way down to check out the Kite Festival as part of the cherry blossom festivities for several years now. This past Saturday I finally got around to it. The events kicked off at 10:00 am and I'm sure the kites would have been out in full force later in the afternoon. (But I had a massage appointment that couldn't be missed.)

For a brief moment, I was all warm and fuzzy seeing the little kids trying to fly their kites on the Mall with the capitol dome or Washington monument as their backdrop. Even better the weather was absolutely gorgeous.



Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

One Response to Cherry Blossom Kite Festival

  1. I should have thought to call you! Kyle and I were down there with a couple of friends from 1-3 on Saturday. It was beautiful, wasn't it! What a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.