The Thrill of the Hunt

There is something about the thrill of the hunt that just excites me. You know the feeling of adrenaline that kicks in right before you zone in on the target...the excitement of taking your new prize home. Let me tell you it’s a thing of beauty that cannot be argued with.

Now before your imagination goes any further, I’m talking about shopping and finding just the right thing. Sometimes it’s a new pair of shoes. Others, it can be the perfect picture frame to hold that special moment. Or maybe, it’s the ingredients for tonight’s dinner. Regardless, that feeling of conquer is amazing!

Right now, I’m preparing for a big hunt to redo or finish some of the rooms in our apartment. We recently signed on for another year. And dare I say, I see this apartment being home for many more years to come?

Don’t you find a sigh of relief when you realize a place will be home for a little longer? It’s like I can now commence the search for all those items I had put off until I was certain. In case you’re curious, here’s what I need to find through trips to the Goodwill and vintage furniture stores, hours spent combing the Craigslist postings, and ventures to IKEA and Target.

  • Leather chair and ottoman (Yes, specifically leather. Something like this.)
  • Round side table
  • Floor lamp
  • Two bedroom lamps
  • Bench
  • Simple arm chair
  • Coffee table (Haven’t decided on the shape just quite yet.)
This is going to be such fun! Now to convince Keith to join in with enthusiasm. As I start to cement my thoughts, I’ll begin sharing my ideas and see what you think I may be missing.

So, do you enjoy the thrill of the hunt?

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.